Skip to main content

ORIGIN OF SOCIOLOGY

    Multiple Choice Questins

1. The term Sociology is derived from Latin word “Socius” & Greek word “Logos” which means

       ii) Society, Study of
       iii) Individual, Study of

2. Sociology is a: 

        i) Social Science
        ii) Behavioral Science 
        iii) Natural Science 
 
3. The term “Sociology” first was coined in 1780 by: 

       i) Emmanuel Joseph 
       ii) August Comte
       iii) Max Weber

4. The term “Sociology” was coined by: 

      i) Max Weber
      ii) August Comte
      iii) Karl Marx 

5. August Comte coined the term Sociology in: 

      i) 1838/1839
      ii) 1848
      iii) 1858

6. August Comte was a ______ philosopher

     i) English
     ii) French
     iii) American 

7. Sociology’s distinguishing feature is:

     ii) Its study of human behavior
     iii) None of these 

8. “Sociology is the study of human action”, was said by

     i) Karl Marx
     ii) Max Weber
     iii) Emile Durkhiem 

9. Who defined “Sociology as the study of society”? 

     i) Weber
     ii) August Comte  
     iii) Marx 

10. Park & Burgess defined sociology as: 

     i) Study of human consciousness
     iii) Study of society 

11. Sociology is the study of social facts is said by: 

     i) Durkheim
     ii) Weber
     iii) Marx

12. Sociology is the study of “Social Institutions” said by:

     i) Durkheim    
     ii) Weber
     iii) Marx 

13. Sociology is the scientific study of social aspects of human life, is definition given by: 

    i) Weber
    ii) Mack & Young
    iii) Maccionis 

14. Sociology is the study of social groups on the basis of social interaction, who said this?

    i) George Simmel
    ii) Burgess
    iii) Weber 

15. The term “Collective Behavior” was coined by and American Sociologist:

    ii) Anthony Giddens
    iii) None of these 

16. Park defined “collective behavior” as: 

      ii) The behavior of animals in a herd
      iii) The behavior which humans show in time of a disaster

 17. Society is:

      ii) A group of people having sovereignty and defined territory 
      iii) None of these

 18. Anthropology is:

     ii) Study of human behavior
     iii) Study of human interaction 

19. Who is called the “Father of Sociology”:

      i) August Comte
      ii) Ibn e Khaldun 
      iii) Durkheim 

20. Positivism was first proposed by:

     i. August Comte
     ii. Emile Durkheim 
     iii. Herbert Spencer

 21. Positivism is/means:

     ii) Non-Scientific Method 
     iii) None of these

 22. The concept of Social Darwinism was given by:

    ii) Emile Durkheim
    iii) Comte 

23. The birthplace of sociology is generally considered to be:

   i) America
   ii) Canada.

 24. Which of the followings are included in primary goals of a social science?

    i) Experimentation
    ii) Generalization
    iii)  Prediction
    iv)  All of these

 25. Karl Marx gave the sociological concept of:

    i) Social Darwinism
    ii)  Positivism
    iii) Class conflict
    iv) None of these 

Written by Zarnish Hussain

Comments

  1. Hello Tayyib, thank you for such a comprehensive list of multiple choice questions. Me and my friends at one of the Top IAS coaching centres in Chennai have always wanted to keep practicing despite the times now forcing us to stay indoors. I found this reference material at the right time. May we all endure this pandemic stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY COLLEGE EVENTS

My name is Tayyib Irshad . I am the student of LLB Part 1 in  Leads Law College . Tayyib Irshad My college is located in Township near Ghosia Chowk Lahore. Some rememberable events that I enjoyed in Part 1 at my college were very amazing.  Firstly I start the event that I attend  Allama Iqbal Day (9 November 2019) . That day I remember when some guests and Principal (M.Yunas) of our college addressed us and told us how to become a good lawyer. 9 November 2019  The 2nd event was W elcome Party of newly students in which our whole class was invited by college . Here I met with some senior Students of our college who have become Advocates. They shared with us their life experience as a students at the college with M.yunas (principal). They fullfill our determinants with their motivational words. I still remember the words of my senior lawyer that was:          "I was a seed and Sir Yunas was like a gardener, he gave me water and polished me until I become a tree. Now I am a Advocat

ANIMATION CREATION

Animation World: You don’t have to be a cartoonist to have animation be a big part of your life. Animation  is everywhere in our homes, schools, work, and everywhere there’s a screen. And if you grew up in  the modern country, chances are you’ve witnessed seminal accomplishments in animation history without even knowing it. These works marked important milestones in animation , an art form that continuously challenges its creators to push technology so that anything that can be imagined can also be brought to life. Animation, while often thought of as a more or less modern medium, has been being used in different forms since 1906. MAGIC LANTERN: The Magic Lantern is an image projector using pictures on sheets of glass. Since some sheets contain moving parts, it is considered the first example of projected animation. Why Animation is Important: Animation is important because it makes us be able to tell stories and communicate emotions and ideas in a unique, easy-to-perceive way that

ACHIEVEMENTS IN MARTIAL ARTS

Hi, I am Tayyib Irshad and a KickBoxer. Today I am going to share some achievements of my life. I started the field of martial arts when I was only 9 years old  in 2009. I joined Tai's Bando Karate Center.   My Coach name was Ali Ahsan. He was Black Belt Two Don . He was a such a nice personality at the time of his game, he is also still a nice person but now he is untouch with game. I daily went to take classes. There were my club fellows ( Syed Kamran Naqvi, Ahsaan Mavia, Arslan, Imran, Shahid Urf Sallu, Orangzeb, Zeeshan, and many more). They all were so cooperative. some of them are still contact with me and others are bicote.  So my   First Tournament was with Taikwando Club on 2010 and there I won my first fight and earn a Gold Medal. My 2nd Club Tournament was held on 2011. Then  I was orange Belt. Then the Next Tournament was held in CHUNIA on the mid of 2012 . After very long time I change my Martial Arts Style. I joined Rebels Martial Arts Club and after that I have